Thursday, January 13, 2011

Harper's Baby Blanket


I finished my newborn niece's baby blanket. I got it all blocked and everything. It's been forever since I've blocked a blanket, but this one needed it. It was only about 2/3 the final size before blocking and didn't look quite as nice as I had hoped. Once it was blocked, it looked just like I had imagined when I started it. And it was an easy pattern too. Those are my favorite patterns, easy to make and beautiful when they're finished.



Harper's Blanket

The pattern was a four row repeat. Quite simple to remember after the first couple repeats.


Cast on 169 stitches. Knit 2 rows in stockinette stitch, beginning with a RS row, keeping the first and last 8 stitches in garter stitch.
Continue in Lace Fans Pattern until it is as long as you like, maintaining the garter stitch border.

Lace Fans Pattern:
Row 1: K2tog x 3, (YO, K1) x 5, YO, SSK x 3, repeat
Row 2: Knit
Row 3: Knit
Row 4: Purl

And that's it. I used the following number of repeats for each color block:

10 purple
3 white
7 purple
3 white
7 purple
3 white
7 purple
3 white
7 purple
3 white
10 purple

. StumbleUpon

No comments:

Post a Comment